Reporting Abuse. Obligations, Dilemmas and Reality
Rome, 20 - 22 June 2022
Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome
The aim of the ISC 2022 is to foster a discussion about how different issues related to reporting abuse are dealt with in different contexts.
The expected outcomes are:
- raising awareness about the challenges as well as the good practices and strategies already available
- raising awareness of the already existing networks and resources
- creating a global network for these practices/knowledge/experiences to be shared so that safeguarding practitioners can learn from each other without losing a culturally sensitive approach
The conference agenda will be divided in sessions focussing on:
- Reporting: Challenges of Implementing “Vos estis lux mundi”
- Institutional Challenges: Reporting to Civil Institutions
- Institutional Challenges: Reporting to Church Authorities
- Support to Victims: The Accompaniment of Victims in the Catholic Church: Learnings and Challenges
Each topic will be presented by a keynote speaker to be followed by a discussant from a different geographical area to enrich the discussion through other perspectives.
The actual conference will be preceded by discussions held by working groups in different parts of the world taking into account the specific regional, social and cultural elements. Reports on the outcomes of these working groups’ discussions will also be presented at the conference.