The International Safeguarding Conference (ISC) is an annual event which brings together Church leaders, safeguarding professionals, trauma specialists and others to share knowledge and best practice in the preventing and tackling of abuse of children and vulnerable adults.
The ISC organises events to promote learning and networking opportunities for anyone interested in making the world a safer space for everyone, especially children and people at risk and bringing together Church leaders, safeguarding professionals, trauma specialists and others to share knowledge and best practice in the prevention and tackling of abuse of children and people at risk.
The two main objectives of the ISC are:
- Fostering and promoting sustainable networking and better coordination among the safeguarding practitionaers within the Catholic Church;
- Promoting the development of concrete projects in local Churches to improve efficient safeguarding strategies worldwide.
The ISC Organising Committee comprises:
- Fr Hans Zollner SJ – Dean of the Institute of Anthropology – Pontifical Gregorian University
- Ms Tina Campbell – Assistant Project Coordinator, Promotion of Consistent Culture of Protection – Society of Jesus (Jesuits)
- Dr Alessandra Campo – Office & Network Coordinator, Institute of Anthropology – Pontifical Gregorian University
- Mr Andrew Azzopardi – Head of Safeguarding – Safeguarding Commission Malta
- Mr Simon Davies – Director of Culture, Risk & Professional Standards – Society of Jesus (Jesuits) Australia